Tuesday, November 8, 2011

CREAMY SQUASH SOUP

It's a rainy cold night. And while i'm blankly staring at my vegetable bin, something struck me! I want to make something hot, creamy, salty, sweet.. A soup! And there it is! I found the answer... "SQUASH OR KALABASA". When my husband got home from work soaking wet in the rain, I saw his face lighten up upon the glimpse of my squash soup. And he did finished the entire bowl of soup i gave him! Yummy indeed! =)


"CREAMY SQUASH SOUP"

Ingredients:

a quarter of squash - peeled and cubed (small cubes)
2 big potatoes - peeled and cubed (small cubes)
1 medium sized onion - peeled and finely chopped
4-5 cups of chicken broth -  for this, I used 1 pc. of Knorr Chicken cube dissolved in 4-5 cups      of water and brought to a boil
2 pcs. green or red bell pepper - chopped finely
1 alaska krema
1 tbsp butter
salt 
pepper


Procedure:
1. Heat the broth.
2. When the broth is boiling, drop the squash and potato cubes, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft and mushy. Turn off the heat.
3. Pour the broth and vegetables into the blender and process until smooth.
4. In another stock pan, heat the butter. Sautee the chopped onion and bell peppers until it softens.
5. Pour in the pureed soup and bring to a boil.
6. Put Alaska krema, salt and pepper to taste then bring it again to boil. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
**You may sprinkle pepper on top with the bell peppers.


----- This awesome dish is sweet in nature because of the sweetness of squash and potatoes. So adding salt and pepper will give a contrasting flavor to the mixture. Plus the distinct taste of onions. WOW! I can have this everyday! Happy Healthy Eating! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment